YouTube Shorts are the latest addition to the ever-growing collection of short-form social media platforms. In response to the huge popularity of the now-defunct Vine, short-form content creation has become the latest craze, with Snapchat and TikTok taking the lead.
Now, with YouTube Shorts, users can create bite-sized videos of up to 60 seconds in length and share them in real time using nothing more than their smartphones.
But what sets YouTube Shorts apart from the competition, and how can YOU make the most of this feature on your YouTube channel? Read on to find out more.
How Do I Create YouTube Shorts?
Much like TikTok and Snapchat, YouTube Shorts allows you to record vertical content straight from your smartphone via the YouTube app. From there, you have the ability to edit the video directly and even add music from labels like Sony, Warner, and Universal.
Editing features include video speed, animated text, and stitching together multiple 15-second clips to create one Short.
Anyone around the world with access to the YouTube app can create YouTube Shorts!
You can follow the steps below to create your own YouTube Shorts:
- Sign in to the YouTube app.
- Tap create Create a Short.
- To make your Short longer than 15 seconds, tap 15 above the record button to record up to 60 seconds (60). Note: Recording with music from our library or the original audio from other videos is limited to 15 seconds.
- To record a clip, hold the capture button or tap it to start recording and then again to stop.
- Tap undo to remove the previous video clip you recorded or tap redo to add it back.
- Tap close choose to Start over or to Save as draft and exit the camera.
- Tap done to preview and enhance your video.
- Tap back to return to the record screen. You can also tap back after you’ve made edits to Discard edits or to Save as draft and exit the editor. Saving a draft at this point saves any edits you've made.
- Tap NEXT to add details to your video. From this screen, add a title (max 100 characters), and choose settings, like video privacy. Note: The default video privacy setting for creators aged 13–17 is private. If you’re 18 or older, your default video privacy setting is set to public. Everyone can change this setting to make their video public, private, or unlisted. Check out our blog post here to learn how to change your YouTube video’s privacy settings.
- Tap Select audience “Yes, it’s made for kids" or "No, it’s not made for kids" to choose your audience.
- Tap UPLOAD to publish your Short.
Where Do YouTube Shorts Appear?
Once your Shorts are published, viewers can find them by tapping the Shorts section on the bottom of the YouTube app. They will also be visible on the YouTube homepage, notifications (if your subscriber has their notifications set for your channel), a user’s Subscriptions page, or by scrolling to new Shorts after viewing an individual Short.
Unlike other short-form video platforms like Snapchat and Instagram Stories, YouTube Shorts don’t disappear!
Viewers of your Shorts can also share, comment, like, dislike, or subscribe to your channel while viewing the video, so you can grow your audience faster than ever!
Are YouTube Shorts Monetized?
Currently, YouTube Shorts are not monetized, which means that creators will not earn revenue through the ads that are played in the Shorts player.
How Can YouTube Shorts Benefit Your Channel?
Like any type of YouTube content, YouTube Shorts can help you to build your channel. Even better, Shorts are super easy to create which means that you can post tons of content in a short period of time, without worrying about scripts or editing.
YouTube Shorts are also more casual, which can allow you to build rapport with your audience and build a loyal subscriber base without putting in a huge amount of effort.
Investing In SMM Tools For YouTube Shorts
Ready to take your channel to the next level with YouTube Shorts? Don’t forget to invest in SMM tools to help you start off strong! By buying YouTube Shorts Views you can ensure that your Shorts have a strong foundation of viewers before they appear in front of an organic audience, which can increase your chances of being seen by your ideal viewer!
Want even more amazing tips & tricks from the professionals? Check out the rest of our blog for even more in-depth guides and industry expertise!